Hey there, how’s it going? I’m Stephen, 1/4 of the DV Cast. You may or may not have noticed that the website you’re currently staring at has been reforged with the flames of progress (along with the podcast itself) and I’m extremely excited about that. We’ve had a number of covert meetings in the night and decided on some sweeping changes to this beloved little podcast, some of which are small and some of which will change the face of Planet Earth. If you’re a longtime listener, please enjoy this formal list of bullet points to catch yourself up on the happenings. If you’re a newcomer, welcome! Stick around until this post’s end; I’ve got words for you.
- Firstly, taking turns is out. Rather than go over our recently played games one by one, we’ll engage in a non-stop conversation of video game fervor. Episode 69 was the test subject for this simple format and I think it turned out decently enough.
- Segments are back. We haven’t actually put this into action yet, but you can expect special features like Five Word Reviews and Delectable Design to return like a Jedi.
- We’re on iTunes. This is a big one. We’ve had complex struggles with our acquaintance Apple in the past, but now we’re best pals and you can subscribe with your technological MP3 players!
- Disembodied Voices has a new look. Cameron designed a spiffy logo that we all think the best thing in the world, which ties into the redecorated website. Pages are sorted, icons are conveniently placed, and the whole package looks a lot nicer.
- We’re firing Zachary on suspicion of larceny. That’s a joke to lighten the mood.
All of those changes add up to our biggest project on the table: expanding our audience. It’s no secret that we have practically no listeners (in fact, it’s a jokey horse that we’ve beaten to death several times), but it’s also no secret that we’re mostly cool with that. This podcast has always been an excuse for the four of us to talk about video games every week, and we absolutely love the few listeners we do have. But it’s come to a point where sharing this beloved little podcast is something we’re all game to do, and we think (hope, beg?) that other people will have a good time listening.
So if you’re a regular, please consider spreading the word. We don’t want to plaster this hobby of ours on message boards and dubious social media outlets just to get hits; rather, we’re depending on people we already trust. Like a wildfire that doesn’t burn down houses or kill people, we’re hoping the innate coolness of Disembodied Voices will spread. Anything you can do– tweets, iTunes reviews, talking to your closest allies in Guild Wars 2, whatever it is people do on Facebook, anything– will be graciously accepted with joy. If you’re new to Disembodied Voices, then start by listening in for a while. Get to know us and say hello! Dropping by the About page is a good place to start.
Okay. Okay, yes, I’m done. Hopefully that ties everything up neatly without boring your face off. Did I mention we’re on iTunes? Anyway, thanks as always for listening, and keep it up! If you want to get in touch with us for any reason, don’t hesitate to do so. That’s why we have a contact form, after all. And with that, I’m off! Have a good life.